zaterdag 16 juli 2016

Material knowledge

 Hello people!

Yesterday I have finished this bowl made out of old CD's.
It was a long process of cutting CD's, glue them to a wooden frame so it would fit.
It took me some days to get it right.

When the base was good, I was looking for something to cover the cracks and the CD's so they would not be scratched. I used some varnish but it did no go the way I wanted it too..
That is something every artist or DIY will face, it is a learning process and mistakes can be made.
I can use the bowl but it will be a reminder that I should have used another material.
It took me couple hours so it is a shame it is not the best result.

But I really like the idea to use old CD's and make something very shiny of it! 
When you are bored, this is a good timekiller!
And when you do it right, it will be stunning!

Have a nice weekend!

1 opmerking:

  1. I'm thinking tile adhesive (tegellijm)?
    Maybe also to coat the surface :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen